Tenterhook is currently in the alpha stage. This means there's a good chance you'll encounter bugs, incomplete features, and/or outdated documentation. Features are being added, refactored and optimized on a regular basis. See the backlog for more information on bugs/features that are currently in the pipeline.
0.18.0.0 (May 21 2017)
- Feature: the Scale to Fit Window option (Global->Application Settings) enables an application to fill a browser window without spilling out of view in any direction. By default this setting is unchecked, meaning the application will occupy a fixed area regardless of the size of the window. Note: this setting is currently only available in Play mode, Studio/Preview mode will not apply the scale.
0.17.0.0 (May 14 2017)
- Feature: the new HourBetween and MinuteBetween tests enable scripts to evaluate the user's local time. This could be used for all sorts of scenarios, like changing a scene based on the time of day.
0.16.0.0 (May 11 2017)
- Feature: the new ToggleVisualsByFlag action shows/hides all scene visuals with the specified flag.
- Feature: the new SendMail action sends mail to the app creator. No other recipients can receive mail via this action.
0.15.0.0 (April 16 2017)
- Feature: there are now two audio channels, one for general sounds and one for background music. The volume of each channel can be controlled in the Dashboard.
0.14.0.0 (March 28 2017)
- Upgraded to Angular 4.0
0.13.0.0 (March 12 2017)
- Feature: the Global menu has a new Variables section which supports the creation of numeric and string variables. Variable values can be set at runtime via the SetNumericVariable and SetStringVariable actions. Variable values can be checked at runtime via the VariableEquals test.
0.12.1.0 (March 5 2017)
- Bug fix: New Game now properly resets the baseline manifest when a game is already in progress.
0.12.0.0 (March 4 2017)
- Feature: all visual types can now be rotated.
- Feature: added an "IFrame" visual type that supports embedded content such as YouTube videos.
0.11.1.0 (February 27 2017)
- Bug fix: if a spritesheet is uploaded to Asset Library while CharacterEditor is open, CharacterEditor will show the new sheet in its lists.
- Bug fix: when a spritesheet is unassigned from a character, any of its animations using that spritesheet will revert to using the (active) spritesheet.
- Bug fix: Scene Graph should now auto-adjust its dimensions when the current scene background is changed.
0.11.0.0 (February 26 2017)
- Feature: Added support for the OpenURL action. Tenterhook will attempt to open the URL in a new tab/window automatically; if the attempt is blocked, the user will be prompted to click on the URL to spawn the tab/window.
0.10.0.0 (February 26 2017)
- Feature: Integrated with Visual Studio Team Services, added backlog page with real-time view of bugs/features.
- Feature: Converted Dev Blog page into a separate Dev Center area with blog, backlog, release notes.